Diced Shoulder of Pork – enough to feed a family of four
1 pack of chestnut and button mushrooms
1 bramley pple
1 pack of baby carrots
1 onion diced
4-5 rachers of smoked pancetta – diced
2 cloves of smoked garlic
2 tablespoons of local honey
1 glass of white wine
Sage, thyme and rosemary
Mixed dry herbs
Salt and pepper
- Cover the pork in flour, salt & pepper and the mixed herb. Seal the meat in a frying pan until golden, making sure you don’t over fill the pan. Transfer to a casserole dish and cover in the Chicken stock.
- Pan fry on a low heat the onion and pancetta in olive oil and half the butter for 5mins, adding the mushrooms, fresh herbs, wine and honey half way through. Then transfer to the casserole dish.
- Pan fry on a low heat the Brambly Apple, Garlic and carrots in same pan with the remainder of the butter for 5mins and then transfer to the casserole dish.
- Slow cook the casserole on a low heat for 2-3 hours, either on the hob or in the oven.
- Before serving, add the single cream and stir.