Our butcher Dan’s chicken noodle soup is a ridiculously simple winter warmer, perfect if you’re suffering from the winter blues or that unfortunate seasonal cold!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 chicken breasts – diced
2 finely diced onions
1 leek – cut lengthwise and finely sliced
2 carrots – peeled and diced
4 celery sticks – diced
Bunch of spring onions – diced
1.5 litre chicken stock
Knob of butter
Freshly ground salt & pepper
3 egg noodle nests
- Melt a knob of butter in large saucepan on a medium heat. Prepare the veg whilst the butter is melting.
- Pop all the veg into the butter and sweat down until the carrot is soft. Pour in the chicken stock, add garlic granules and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Whilst it’s simmering dice up the chicken.
- Add in the diced chicken and give it a good stir round. If the mixture is a-bit thick add some water to the pan. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Crush up the noodle nests into the soup and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Ladle into bowls and serve the chicken noodle soup with fresh crusty bread.
To find out more about our butcher Dan, click here.