These Chicken & Pancetta Savoury Pancakes are filled with a creamy delicious filling, topped with melted parmesan cheese and served with a fresh green side salad. Instead of using fresh chicken, you could also use leftover chicken from your Sunday roast!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the Pancakes:
- 100g plain white flour
- 300ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Knob of butter
For the Chicken & Pancetta Savoury Pancake Filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into small chunks
- 100g pancetta, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 close garlic, crushed
- Good handful of fresh tarragon & thyme
- 200ml double cream
- Generous handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the pancake ingredients in a bowl and set aside, leaving for 30 minutes if you’ve got the time (the batter mix is enough for 4 pancakes for dinner (2 per person), a handful of inevitable pancake disasters and a couple for pudding ones too!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (Fan oven 150 degrees C, Gas Mark 5).
- Heat a large frying pan on the hob, pop a knob of butter in the pan and then cook the pancakes (remembering to flip them!). Set aside whilst you make the filling.
- In another pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Pop in the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the pancetta and onion, then cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Throw in the crushed garlic and herbs, then cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the double cream and turn up the heat to reduce the cream – this shouldn’t take too long.
- Take the pan off the hob and divide the mixture between the 4 pancakes, then roll the pancakes around the filling.
- Lay the 4 pancakes in an ovenproof dish, cover in any of the remaining sauce, sprinkle over the parmesan and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve 2 pancakes per person with a green salad. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!