A deliciously juicy pork burger infused with Asian flavours and served with a home-made crunchy slaw in a toasted brioche bun. These Asian pork burgers are perfect for a mid-week meal with family or friends!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g pork mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, halved and finely chopped
- Large handful coriander, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 fennel bulb
- ¼ white cabbage
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- Large glug of olive oil/rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 4x Brioche Buns
- Sour Cream (to serve)
- To make the spice paste for the asian pork burgers, roughly chop 1/2 of your coriander, spring onions, garlic, 1 chilli (with the seeds in if you like it spicy) and grate the ginger. Pop in a food processor and blend, then add in the lime juice and zest and pulse a little more.
- Mix the spice mix into the pork mince with your hands, and leave to infuse in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs, egg and salt and pepper to the pork mince just before you’re ready to cook.
- Shape into six patties, then leave to the side whilst you make the slaw.
- For the slaw, finely slice the fennel, red pepper and white cabbage.
- In a small bowl, make the slaw dressing by mixing white vinegar, olive oil, the rest of the coriander, 1 chilli, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing into the fennel mix and leave to infuse whilst you cook the burger patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook each patty over a high heat to get a good colour on both sides, then turn down and continue until cooked through – three to four minutes each side.
- Lightly toast the brioche buns in a dry frying pan or under the grill.
- Serve the Asian pork burger patties with the homemade slaw in a brioche bun and enjoy!