Meltingly tender delicious pork chops in a seasonal autumnal fruity sauce, this meal is super quick to prepare but guaranteed to impress!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 Pork chops
- 4 Plums
- Approx 1 tbsp sugar
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- Large handful of kale
- Large knob of butter (approx 50 grams)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bottle of Vimto to enjoy alongside the meal (that’ll be Gary’s influence)
- A Twix for dessert (Gary again!)
- Heat a grill or grill pan over a medium heat.
- Lightly season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then place in the plan for approximately 4 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- In a separate pan, put over a medium heat and sprinkle the sugar in the pan. Halve the plums and place on top of the sugar, face down. Grate the ginger and add to the plums, then add half of the butter – this creates a great flavoursome sauce for the plums.
- About 6 mins before the pork is cooked, blanch the kale in boiling salted water for three minutes, then remove and drain the kale.
- In a dry pan, add the olive oil and sauté the sliced garlic for a minute. Then add the kale, the other half of butter and some pepper to pan and sauté for a further 2 mins.
- Serve the grilled pork with the sweet plums and any other veg you fancy, I served mine with gruyere stuffed mushrooms but any other veg would work well.
- After enjoying the delicious pork and doing the washing up, sit back and relax with a cuppa and a Twix 🙂