Raw Meat Handling & Liability Policy
All The Dorking Butchery staff follow hygiene at work regulations and always wash hands before commencing and during work. We work above the recommended guidelines advised by the FSA.
- Staff are not required within our HACCP plan to wear food handling gloves but may do so providing hands are washed as regularly as without.
- If food gloves are worn, then disposable means disposable and should be changed regularly and as often as hand washing would occur.
- When handling raw meat with the intention of serving to the final consumer, wax or greaseproof paper is used to collect raw meat as an extra level of protection.
- When handling money or cash, staff are trained to avoid cross contamination and will avoid touching raw meat where possible.
- Regular hand washing is embedded in our training programme and FSA guidelines are to be followed.
- Staff may also use sanitised utensils to serve meat onto wax paper to further avoid contact with raw meat, thus reducing the risk of contamination from cash.
WHILE EVERY CARE AND PRECAUTION IS TAKEN TO REDUCE THE RISK OF CROSS CONTAMINATION, OUR STAFF ARE ADVISED TO FOLLOW THE HYGIENE AT WORK REGULATIONS OUTLINED IN OUR TRAINING PROGRAMME AND ADVISED BY THE FSA TO FURTHER REDUCE ANY RISK OF BACTERIA FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC. WHETHER IT BE FROM COUGHS AND SNEEZES OR BACTERIA FROM MONEY, OUR HACCP PLAN OUTLINES THE RISKS AND THE REASONABLE STEPS TAKEN TO REDUCE THOSE RISKS. STAFF CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IRRESPONSIBLE OR POOR HANDLING OF RAW MEAT ONCE EVERY CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN PRIOR TO THE SALE FOR FINAL CONSUMPTION.
Our Contact Details
If you have any questions about our returns policy, please talk to a member of staff or do not hesitate to contact us:
The Dorking Butchery
48 High Street
Surrey RH14 9GU
01306 640 517