This simple summer salad combines rare beef, punchy wasabi and crisp radish finished with a zesty yuzu dressing. Yuzu is part of the citrus family and brings a tangy grapefruit flavour to this dish, you can buy yuzu juice for this dish online or in some supermarkets in the Asian food aisle.
Ingredients (Serves 2 -3)
400g Sirloin or Fillet steak (in one piece)
For the dressing:
2 tbsp honey
50ml olive oil
1 tsp wasabi
For the salad:
1 bunch picked coriander leaves
Handful of mixed coloured radish, thinly sliced
Bag of mixed baby salad leaves
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Pre heat a hot pan, griddle or BBQ.
- While waiting for pan to heat, whisk together Yuzu, Honey, Olive oil and Wasabi.
- Place beef into hot pan and sear all around making sure you add lots of colour to the beef.
- The beef will need around 8 mins in a hot pan, after this time, remove set aside, allow to rest for 15 mins before serving.
- Arrange salad leaves with sliced radish and coriander onto a plate.
- Drizzle Yuzu dressing over salad leaves.
- Go back to the beef after resting and slice thinly, arrange alongside the salad leaves.
- Finish with more Yuzu dressing across the beef and add Wasabi on the side if desired.